Friday, February 13, 2009

Grouper - Dragging A Dead Deer Up A Hill

Need something to relax or fall asleep?


Grouper - Dragging A Dead Deer Up A Hill

I first heard some talk about this album and downloaded it because frankly I liked the cover art. I knew it was supposed to be rather mellow music but that was about all I knew. One night I was sick of listening to happy hardcore and had a bit of a headache so I decided to put this on. I was amazed at how beautiful this album was. Incredibly relaxing and calming, it was perfect for what I needed. I then decided to leave the album on repeat and go to sleep, which worked wonderfully as well.

This album is extremely mellow soft acoustic ambient music with a nice dose of melancholy and even some shoegaze. Really though it's just beautiful music, for once genres fail to describe this album I feel. Right from the first track, Disengaged, I was hooked.

Tracklisting:

1 Disengaged (4:16)
2 Heavy Water/I'd Rather Be Sleeping (2:53)
3 Stuck (5:59)
4 When We Fall (2:07)
5 Traveling Through A Sea (4:23)
6 Fishing Bird (Empty Gutted In The Evening Breeze) (3:51)
7 Invisible (3:55)
8 I'm Dragging A Dead Deer Up A Hill (2:21)
9 A Cover Over (2:48)
10 Wind And Snow (4:30)
11 Tidal Wave (5:35)
12 We've All Gone To Sleep (3:03)

Highest recommendation.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dtnl4jk0glr

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment