Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Yussuf Jerusalem - A Heart Full of Sorrow

My heart is full of sorrow...


Yussuf Jerusalem - A Heart Full of Sorrow

When I first listened to this album I was under the impression it was black metal. Really fucking raw black metal. The first track would play and then I'd switch to some other album since I am rarely in the mood for raw black metal. I was very wrong about this album though. It is so much more than black metal.

In reality, the only black metal track here is the first track. Everything else sounds like 60s psychedelic rock, pop, folk etc. It just sounds 60s to me, and that is a good thing. So while yes, the opening track is blistering raw black metal, once you get by that initial song, this album has so much more to offer.

I was also curious about just what the black metal track was about, and it turns out its named for a knight who served with Joan of Arc and had a small habit of kidnapping and and brutally killing children. Good times.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilles_de_Rais



Tracklist

A1
Gilles De Rais

A2
A Heart Full Of Sorrow

A3
Greetings From Novi Sad

A4
With You In Mind


Written-By - Marianne Faithfull
A5
Jihad

B1
We Ain't Coming Back

B2
Multicolor

B3
The End Of Tomorrow

B4
The One You Really Want

http://www.mediafire.com/?2cgs8lmvp4gsg5h

No comments:

Post a Comment