Monday, March 28, 2011

Jedi Mind Tricks - Legacy of Blood

The previous post was kind of cheating so here is another...


Jedi Mind Tricks - Legacy of Blood

This was the first real hip-hop album I ever listened to. Prior to this album I heard the words "rap" or "hip-hop" and instantly dismissed it all as garbage. This album changed that. Because of this album I looked into more hip-hop and became exposed to some really great artists.

Musically this album is fucking aggressive and pretty offensive. Right off the bat Vinnie Paz goes right at homosexuals, mainstream rap, and Christianity spewing venom like an endless stream as he spits out each word like a bullet. At the time I was still really into death metal so this shit was fuckin wild to me and straight up my alley. The real key to JMT though, is Stoupe the Enemy of Mankind on the beats. No one can compare to Stoupe in my opinion when it comes to beats. No one. RZA comes close though I'd say.

So even if you may not be a fan of what Vinnie is rapping, Stoupe's beats more than make up for it. Even so, if you aren't easily offended I recommend giving this shit a listen. It opened up a whole new genre for me. Maybe it will for you too.



Tracklist

Intro 1:27
The Age Of Sacred Terror 4:27
Scars Of The Crucifix 4:00
Death Falls Silent (Interlude) 0:23
Saviorself 4:28
On The Eve Of War (Julio Ceasar Chavez Mix) 3:59
The Darkest Throne (Interlude) 0:45
The Worst 4:03
Verses Of The Bleeding 3:48
Beyond The Gates Of Pain 3:41
Fairwell To The Flesh 0:54
And So It Burns 4:24
The Spirit Of Hate (Interlude) 0:59
Me Ne Shalto 3:52
On The Eve Of War (Meldrick Taylor Mix) 2:58
Winds Devouring Men (Interlude) 0:54
The Philosophy Of Horror 3:57
The Spirit And Sun (Interlude) 0:43
Before The Great Collapse

http://www.mediafire.com/?1s838u97ea9ivqm

No comments:

Post a Comment