Monday, August 24, 2009

Sir Richard Bishop - While My Guitar Violently Bleeds

You know that feeling you get when you listen to something for the first time, and it completely floors you? I had that last night with this album.


Sir Richard Bishop - While My Guitar Violently Bleeds

This is admittedly my first time listening to Richard Bishop, former guitarist of the Sun City Girls, another band I also have not listened to though am no stranger to their large level of influence. So with that said, I was completely floored when I first heard this. I honestly had no idea of what to expect, and was immensely pleased with the resulting sounds.

What we have here, is some very middle eastern, gypsy, Arabic etc acoustic guitar playing, and it sounds beautiful. If someone happens to know the exact term for this, I would love to know. The second track however, is quite different from the first. It is in fact an experimental track, almost psychedelic even in that really dark Japanese psychedelic sound of bands like Kosoukuya. 3rd track is a cross between the two, with the acoustic playing, and faint noise going in and out.

Will everyone enjoy this? Well, I think everyone will enjoy track 1 and 3 at the very least. Track 2 does require some tolerance for more experimental forms of music. With that said though, give it a listen. This is wonderful music well worth it.

Tracklisting:

1
Zurvan (6:46)

2
Smashana (11:06)

3
Mahavidya (25:20)


Highly recommended

http://www.mediafire.com/?yyfncmmnymu


Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment