Monday, August 24, 2009

Amesoeurs - Amesoeurs

You are now aware the opening riff sounds like Judas Priest - Breaking the Law


Amesoeurs - Amesoeurs

Okay so yea, I'm fucking slow with this. Really, REALLY, slow... Anyway... This is Amesoeurs first album, and their unfortunate last, as the band broke up pretty much immediately after release. Also, this album was HYPED. After the masterpiece that was Ruines Humaines people were psyched for the upcoming album, and unfortunately, for many the hype did not live up. Personally, I love the album, even for its shortcomings, others may not though.

Essentially many had hoped this album to be much like the EP, a merging of black metal, and post-punk, and this album is, but not in the way fans wanted it to be. This album is split up into 3 distinct sounds really. There are the post-punk songs, such as Video Girl, the black metal songs, like I XIII V XIX XV V XXI XVIII XIX – IX XIX – IV V I IV, and the merged songs, such as Heurt. Essentially, fans wanted more merged songs, and less post-punk songs. Personally, I don't really care, since I can enjoy both genres a good deal, and the post-punk songs are done equally well. In fact, the song Amesoeurs is prolly my fav track on the album, and it's one of the post-punk tracks.

So with that all said. I think the album is well worth a listen, and I would personally recomend it to anyone. Also, little bit of trivia. I XIII V XIX XV V XXI XVIII XIX – IX XIX – IV V I IV = Amesoeurs is Dead, pair each roman numeral with a letter.

Tracklisting:

1
Gas In Veins

2
Les Ruches Malades

3
Heurt

4
Recueillement

5
Faux Semblants

6
I XIII V XIX XV V XXI XVIII XIX - IX XIX - IV V I IV

7
Trouble (Éveils Infâmes)
8
Video Girl

9
La Reine Trayeuse

10
Amesoeurs

11
Au Crépuscule De Nos Rêves


Recommended

http://www.mediafire.com/?myn4jzumm5l

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment