Saturday, May 2, 2009

Current 93 - I Have A Special Plan For This World

A very special plan.


Current 93 - I Have A Special Plan For This World

This album is... unusual to say the least, and could even be considered as being scary given the context of the lyrics being spoken and the unsettling atmosphere, so keep this in mind.

This is a collaboration between horror writer Thomas Ligotti and David Tibet of Current 93. Essentially this is experimental ambient music also to the spoken word of Tibet reciting one of Ligotti's poems. The result is something both genius, and likely to some, disturbing.

Since first hearing this album several days ago I can not stop listening to this. In fact it is even my new "song to fall asleep to". Personally I have yet to experience any form of nightmares since I began sleeping to this but I can't necessarily guarantee your dreams to be as empty as mine.

Nonetheless, I have fallen in love with this album and even as a direct result, recently taken a great deal of interest in Ligotti's works as well. So I highly recommend giving this a listen.

Tracklisting:

1
I Have A Special Plan For This World (22:01)

http://www.mediafire.com/?djkkznm1nzl

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment